Hatha means the yoga to bring balance between the sun and the moon in you, or the Pingala and Ida in You. Hatha yoga is often compared to the Vinyasa classes as they share similar asanas and pair them with specific breathing techniques. Hatha Yoga is a general term for any type of Yoga that teaches Physical Poses. It combines all the other types of modern Yoga and is a basic and classical approach to posture and breathing routines. It lengthens the muscles and refreshes the mind. The class is generally encouraged to move at a slower pace to ensure the proper execution of each pose.
(What to expect in Hatha Yoga)
- Breathing work
- Meditation exercises
- Yoga poses like series of Twistingmovements, bending or folding
- Sun Salutation
Vinyasa, also called “flow” because of the smooth way that the pose run together that means all the movements in Vinyasa class are coordinated with your breathing, and there is no break in between the poses. It often allows the time in-between poses to rest and may vary in speed depending upon the instructor`s preference. Vinyasa is very versatile but one thing that remains constant is its ability to fluidly move and transition.
(What to expect in Vinyasa Yoga)
- Sun salutations
- Steady flow with synchronized breathingRestorative Yoga :Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that encourages physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. As the name suggests this form of yoga helps encourage healing and support for the body. It is a restful practice that is all about slowing down and opening your body through passive stretching. This is a relaxing method of yoga. A person spends a restorative yoga class in four or five simple poses that will calm and reset your entire body and mind to prepare you for deep relaxation. These poses will help its students activate the parasympathetic nervous system and by activation that help the PNS ‘ rest and digest.
(What to expect in Restorative Yoga)
- Slow movements
- Lowering Blood pressure
- Releasing tension
- Increased feeling of awareness and relaxation
- Calm and controlled movements
Kundalini Yoga is a form of yoga that involves chanting, singing, breathing exercises, and repetitive poses. It is about connecting our individual spiritual energy. Its purpose is to activate your kundalini energy or shakti which helps us to gain a better awareness of ourselves. Kundalini yoga is the Yoga of awareness. It is a dynamic, powerful practice that is designed to give you an experience of your soul This is the spiritual energy that is said to be located in the base of your spine. This yoga focuses on using the energy which is stored in the base of the spine, drawing it up through the seven chakras. It brings balance to the body, mind, and soul. With regular practice, this form of yoga`s aim is to lead us to spiritual enlightenment and finally your kundalini energy is awakened.
(What to expect in Kundalini Yoga)
- Breathing exercises
- Sequence of postures
- Mudras and MeditationsYin Yoga :Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga that turn inwardly and targets the deepest tissues of the body, our connective tissues, ligaments, joints, and bones. It`s slower and more meditative, giving you space to turn inward and tune into both the mind and physical sensations of your body. You can expect this type of yoga to hold poses for a longer period of time which helps you strengthen and lengthen muscles and tissues.
(What to expect in Yin Yoga)
- Focused deep breathing
- Slower more meditative form of Yoga
- Holding postures for a longer time
- Finding comfort in discomfort
Sivananda Yoga :
This philosophy maintains that proper breathing, relaxation, diet, exercise, and positive thinking work together to create a healthy yogic lifestyle. It is a complete healing system designed to help the body maintain a naturally healthy state. It focuses mainly on breathing, meditation and spirituality. This practice is ultimately about acknowledging the awareness of the self.
(What to expect in Sivananda Yoga)
- Deep focus on self-awareness
- Reduction of stress and increase in energy
- Classic Yoga postures
- Yog Nidra
MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER HEALING SESSION
MODULE 1-11 MENTAL HEALTH DISORDER HEALING SESSION00:00