Hatha means the yoga to bring balance between the sun and the moon in you, or the Pingala and Ida in You. Hatha yoga is often compared to the Vinyasa classes as they share similar asanas and pair them with specific breathing techniques. Hatha Yoga is a general term for any type of Yoga that teaches Physical Poses. It combines all the other types of modern Yoga and is a basic and classical approach to posture and breathing routines. It lengthens the muscles and refreshes the mind. The class is generally encouraged to move at a slower pace to ensure the proper execution of each pose.
(What to expect in Hatha Yoga)
- Breathing work
- Meditation exercises
- Yoga poses like series of Twisting movements, bending or folding
Vinyasa, also called “flow” because of the smooth way that the pose run together that means all the movements in Vinyasa class are coordinated with your breathing, and there is no break in between the poses. It often allows the time in-between poses to rest and may vary in speed depending upon the instructor`s preference. Vinyasa is very versatile but one thing that remains constant is its ability to fluidly move and transition.
(What to expect in Vinyasa Yoga)
- Sun salutations
- Steady flow with synchronized breathingRestorative Yoga:Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that encourages physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. As the name suggests this form of yoga helps encourage healing and support for the body. It is a restful practice that is all about slowing down and opening your body through passive stretching. This is a relaxing method of yoga. A person spends a restorative yoga class in four or five simple poses that will calm and reset your entire body and mind to prepare you for deep relaxation. These poses will help its students activate the parasympathetic nervous system and by activation that help the PNS ‘ rest and digest.
(What to expect in Restorative Yoga)
- Slow movements
- Lowering Blood pressure
- Releasing tension
- Increased feeling of awareness and relaxation
- Calm and controlled movements
Power yoga is an energetic form of yoga that makes for the best yoga workout and the maximum health benefits. If you are looking for a form of yoga that gets the heart pumping then Power yoga won`t disappoint. The objective of this sort of yoga is to make sure that cardio sits at its core meaning that this yoga will get you moving.
(What to expect in Power Yoga)
- High level of energy
- Designed for athletes- lots of movements
- Modified Ashtanga yoga practiceYin Yoga:Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga that turn inwardly and targets the deepest tissues of the body, our connective tissues, ligaments, joints, and bones. It`s slower and more meditative, giving you space to turn inward and tune into both the mind and physical sensations of your body. You can expect this type of yoga to hold poses for a longer period of time which helps you strengthen and lengthen muscles and tissues.
(What to expect in Yin Yoga)
- Focused deep breathing
- Slower more meditative form of Yoga
- Holding postures for a longer time
- Finding comfort in discomfort
Karma yoga is the yoga of action. This form of yoga is a way to develop a deeper connection to their spirituality. It`s about purifying your heart by learning to act selflessly in service of others. The one who practices karma yoga will receive satisfaction by balancing the body and mind and through this path will lead to a fulfilled life.
(What to expect in Karma Yoga)
- Learning lessons of selflessness and self-acceptance
- Helps participants embrace discipline
- Practicing positive thinking/ pure thoughts
OBESITY HEALING SESSION
MODULE 1-11 OBESITY HEALING SESSION00:00