Yoga can be a beneficial practice for pregnant women to promote relaxation, flexibility, and overall well-being as well as for the natural delivery
Prenatal yoga is a form of gentle yoga designed for pregnant women to practice during all three trimesters. The mixture of stretching, controlled breathing and mental focus offers a variety of benefits to expectant mothers. It is also suitable for getting back into shape after birth, this style will keep muscles strong throughout the pregnancy, and then ensure that they return to normal afterward. This style prepares the expectant mom mentally for birth. It is a great way to relax and stay fit. Exercises include pelvic floor exercises, breathing asanas, and ways to increase flexibility.
(What to expect in Prenatal Yoga)
- May reduce symptoms of nausea
- Can help ease some body aches, especially in the lower body
- Fun, slow-paced postures that enhance flexibility.
Hatha yoga, with its emphasis on physical postures (asanas) and breath control (pranayama), can be adapted for prenatal practice. It provides a gentle way to maintain flexibility and strength during pregnancy.
(What to expect in Prenatal Yoga)
- Breathing work
- Meditation exercises
- Sun SalutationKarma Yoga:Karma yoga is the yoga of action. This form of yoga is a way to develop a deeper connection to their spirituality. It`s about purifying your heart by learning to act selflessly in service of others. The one who practices karma yoga will receive satisfaction by balancing the body and mind and through this path will lead to a fulfilled life.
(What to expect in Karma Yoga)
- Learning lessons of selflessness and self-acceptance
- Helps participants embrace discipline
- Practicing positive thinking/ pure thoughts
Vinyasa, also called “flow” because of the smooth way that the pose run together that means all the movements in Vinyasa class are coordinated with your breathing, and there is no break in between the poses. It often allows the time in-between poses to rest and may vary in speed depending upon the instructor`s preference. Vinyasa is very versatile but one thing that remains constant is its ability to fluidly move and transition.
(What to expect in Prenatal Vinyasa)
- Steady flow with synchronized breathingPelvic Floor Exercises (KEGEL):Yoga poses and exercises that target the pelvic floor muscles are particularly beneficial for pregnant women. Strengthening these muscles can support the birthing process and postpartum recovery.
(What to expect in Pelvic Floor Exercises)
- Preparation for Childbirth
- Prevention of Incontinence
- Reduced Pelvic Discomfort
- Improved Postpartum Recovery
Restorative yoga is a style of yoga that encourages physical, mental, and emotional relaxation. As the name suggests this form of yoga helps encourage healing and support for the body. It is a restful practice that is all about slowing down and opening your body through passive stretching. This is a relaxing method of yoga. A person spends a restorative yoga class in four or five simple poses that will calm and reset your entire body and mind to prepare you for deep relaxation. These poses will help its students activate the parasympathetic nervous system and by activation that help the PNS ‘ rest and digest.
(What to expect in Restorative Yoga)
- Slow movements
- Lowering Blood pressure
- Releasing tension
- Increased feeling of awareness and relaxation
- Calm and controlled movements
What Will You Learn?
- Yoga can be a beneficial practice for pregnant women to promote relaxation, flexibility, and overall well-being as well as for the natural delivery
PREGNANT WOMEN SESSIONS
MODULE 1-12 PREGNANT WOMEN SESSIONS00:00